May 31, 2013

The Liebster Award

I got an award?! Me?! In what world would that happen? :O Especially given the fact that I'm not really an active blogger, I was really surprised to be nominated for The Liebster Award :D Thanks Rosie from Shine a Light Rose ;)


The rules for receiving this award:
  1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger (s) who nominated you.
  3. Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
  4. Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
  5. Display the Liebster award badge on your blog.
I'm afraid that I'll have to skip part 3 & 4, though :(
As I said, I'm not an active blogger, and I rarely read other blogs and the blogs I read the most have either more than 200 followers, or are in French, or have been already nominated for it.

So there you go for #1 & 2:

11 random facts about me:

1. I got that weird habit of sticking post-its with little comments on the posters I get when I buy cds.
Taeyang & Daesung from BIGBANG



2. I'm taking oenology classes. I love wine :D Little rec: if you like kimchi, drink it with dry white wine (i.e. Mâcon) Very good. 

3. Used to fencing (foil). Did it for 3 years.

4.I'm still listening to the Backstreet Boys :p



Had a huge crush on Kevin xD


5. I never liked Mickey Mouse. Always preferred Donald Duck

6. I got over 500 mangas in my bookshelf :O

7. Nickname that my MDL friends usually call me by: twinkie



I don't bite, I just find that pic hilarious XD


8. I got a huge collection of Winnie the Pooh goodies <3

9. Every time I go to London, I go to Covent Garden and buy a stuffed animal xD


10. I HATE it when people are late! Grrr! I also hate Brussel's sprouts :x


11. I have a secret crush on…
It's a secret, duh!



Question from Rosie:


What is your favorite Asian drama, that you know isn’t really all that good, but it doesn’t even matter?

One pound Gospel: 
I love it! And not just because we get to see a shirtless Kame in each ep. :p Okay, maybe a little >_< but still, the acting from some of the actors is just awful :x I only found Kame & Kobayashi Satomi good, not exceptional though. I just have a soft spot when it comes to Japanese comedies in general ^.^"


What drama character would you like to be best friends with (not romantically attached to)?

Jeremy from You're Beautiful. I don't think I could be romantically attached to him, anyways. But yes, I would definitely like to be best friends with him. I feel that I could easily talk about my worries with him and that he'd be there to listen to me and cheer me up :D

Name a drama character that you most relate to (not who you wish you could be).

Ooba Nobuko from Rebound. Just because I know what it feels like to constantly watch what I'm eating. And how difficult it is trying to not regain weight.

What is your favorite book that may have also had a huge impact on your life besides entertainment?

Actually, I got two -^.^- I know you said one,but those two are really my favorites and both had impact on my life.

1) The Tales of the Otori


Very first book I managed to finish when I was 14, that wasn't for school. My "passion" for Japan at that time was only coming from mangas and animes. I wasn't all that interested in everything else about Japan. But that book was relating some Historical facts (though they weren't named per say), and so I made researches on the Internet and was fascinated by it. Ever since then, I read them (it has 5 volumes, actually ^^) every year.

2) Pride and Prejudice

It was also a first. First book in English I managed to finish. I read it after watching the movie with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen.I just love it! I like when strong women yet fragile in some ways are being portrayed. It's also that book that made me choose my studies.

Favorite line:
"“From the very beginning— from the first moment, I may almost say— of my acquaintance with you, your manners, impressing me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain of the feelings of others, were such as to form the groundwork of disapprobation on which succeeding events have built so immovable a dislike; and I had not known you a month before I felt that you were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed on to marry.” 
Way to go, girl! Though, you're still marrying the guy in the end XD

What is your favorite non-Asian movie that also had an impact on your life? 

Maybe The English Patient, but to say that it had impact on my life... Not sure :x
I just love watching anything that tells stories that happened during WWII

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that line from P&P. Was I the only one though who was sooo mad the Knightley/Macfadyen movie changed the last line? They took out the "be prevailed upon to marry" part and I think changed it to "that I could EVER marry!" Thanks movie writers for being sooo condescending to your audience. -_-

    I haven't thought about the English Patient for a long time.. movie killed me though. Was in shock by the time I finished it. O_O to :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They changed and deleted almost everything, you mean. It's like that in the movie: "From the first moment I met you, your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others, made me realise that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.” (yes, I know the line by heart)

      And don't read the book,then :'(
      good grief :x

      Delete
  2. Yah! I'm happy to find another person that likes the 'Tales of the Ootori'. I need to go back and re-read them in chronological order now that I have them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. high five to that! I always felt lonely when I was speaking about it T^T
      Such great books!

      Delete
  3. hola que gusto seas nominadada jajaja yo igual sigo escuchando a los Backstreetboys... es un gusto pasarse por qui despues de tanto tiempo... ah y gracias por el capitulo 60 de hoshi wa utau!!!

    ReplyDelete