December 15, 2011

Music: FTIsland

So today, for once, I'm going to speak about music, and in this case, it'll be about a Korean group called FTIsland.
I wanted to talk to you about them coz , I don't know, I just felt like it and I seriously needed to take a break because what I'm currently doing is so boring (something for my European literatures exam), but unfortunately has to be done.
Anyways let's talk about FTIsland.

First, a little presentation of the group members:


From left to right you have: 
Song Seung Hyun: guitarist/ rap
Lee Jae Jin: bassist/guitarist/rap/vocals
Choi Min Hwan: drummer
Lee Hong Ki: Lead vocals
Choi Jong Hoon: guitarist/pianist/ leader



What else can I tell you...
I'm not going to relate the whole group history, that would be boring.
They began their career in 2007.
FT stands for Five Treasure
They sing in Korean, obviously, but also in Japanese ( got to the 2nd place in the Oricon chart with their single SATISFACTION)


Now what?
oh yeah, how do I know them? Well, it's rather simple or not, depends on your definition of simple. Anyways, I came to know them through their lead vocalist, Lee Hong Ki. 
He was playing in the drama You're beautiful, and I liked very much the songs in it so I downloaded the soundtrack (I know it's not good, but I don't live in Korea, so I can't buy the cd) and I heard one of the most beautiful voice I had ever heard i.e. Hong Ki's. 
So I tried to find stuff about him and I discovered that he was in FTIsland.
So I downloaded their last album and I was just mesmerized by Hong Ki's voice, it's so powerful. And seriously they're doing good music. Usually I don't listen to K-pop, but they're the exception I guess.


Lastly some music. I chose 2 of my favourite songs, one in Korean and one in Japanese.
I found live versions of those 2 songs:


Hello Hello





SATISFACTION


No comments:

Post a Comment