August 1, 2013

Currently Reading: Claymore


Author: Yagi Norihiro
Year: 2006
Status: In publication
# Chapters: 141
Genre: Seinen
Yup, finally talking about manga hehe I know, I should do that more, and I will. Was thinking about introducing once a month a manga I'm reading or recently finished. 

Today's manga: Claymore

Set in a fictional medieval world, it tells us the story of women warriors: Claymores. Their particularity: they're half-human/half-yoma (yoma: demons capable of taking human form). 
You can easily recognize them with their silver eyes and claymore swords.

In here, we follow the story of one of them: Clare.


The story begins in a small village where we meet, Raki, a young boy who sees his family being killed by a yoma. Before being the yoma's next and last victim, Clare saves him. Having nowhere to go, decides to follow Clare in her journey.

Raki on the verge of being attacked by the yoma

As the story goes on, you gradually discover the secrets behind the Claymore organization and what's the real purpose behind the Claymore's creation...



When I started it, I was in a mood for something new. I was on a certain manga site, and I picked it up  totally randomly. Loved it so much that I caught up in less than 2 days. 

At first the drawing style isn't that great, and god knows how much I'm such a nitpick about that, but the more you go in the chapters, the better it gets. The story is well written and isn't shallow. The background stories and evolution of the characters is well narrated and pictured. Despite the great number of chapters, I never felt that it was draggy at some point. The story goes on smoothly, and even though confusion is present, it eventually is thoroughly explained...




1 comment:

  1. hey , im a japanese guy . i dont know if you still like this manga ( like before you do ) . i just wanna say im so happy that you not a japanese read japanese manga . hope you are gonna love japanese manga and japan . thanks

    ReplyDelete