November 6, 2012

Music: BIGBANG - 빅뱅

From left to right: Daesung, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Seungri & TOP

 ♫BIGBANG, BIGBANG, Don't stop, let's play, Okay, Okay♫

Now, you probably understood that today I'm going to talk about the mighty group BIGBANG
And no, I'm not a hardcore fan girl.
They are really great and awesomely talented, that's for sure ;)

Who are they? BIGBANG is a YG entertainment (heard about PSY? they're under the same label) group formed in 2006. The members being G-Dragon, TOP, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. The name of the fandom is: V.I.P

Musically speaking, BIGBANG has an eclectic style of music. They can do r'n'b, hip-hop, ballads, pop, dance, electro

But,at first, they were more of a Hip-Hop/R'n'B group only.

promotional pic for their 2nd single



At that time, they weren't not really popular, since, well hip-hop isn't a popular genre amongst the "general" public...

They became really popular when their 1st mini album Always was released with the title song Lies. At the time of its release, you can already see where BIGBANG's music is leading to, what it's gonna be like.




like I said above, they also did electro songs like Last Farewell


A song that I qualify as a ballad would be Haru Haru, but that is of course my point of view, I'm not an expert in music whatsoever...
promotional photo for Haru Haru


In 2009 and 2010, the group members will focus on their solo activities and promotion in Japan.

They'll come back in 2011 with their 4th Mini album and the title song Tonight (one of my favorite). Another song that has an electro/dance vibe in it.

By the end of 2011, 2 members are involved in serious issues (though, totally different) and the future of the group is incertain.

But they make a great comeback in 2012 with the mini album ALIVE.
In my opinion, this mini album is by far their best album. All kinds of style are mixed in it and you feel lots of emotions coming from each songs.I feel that this album is more intimate compared to the others. And all the songs are, to me, one of a kind.









And before introducing the members, here's one of my favorite BIGBANG song: Monster



And now introducing the members:



G-Dragon, leader of BIGBANG
Real name: Kwon Ji Yong
His stage name comes from his name, actually. Since the Ji turned into "G" and Yong means Dragon in Korean. So G-Dragon, makes sense.
He composes and produces most of BIGBANG's songs.
He also released 2 solo albums: Heartbreaker and One of a Kind
My favorite songs being Heartbreaker and Crayon                           

He also forms a duo with T.O.P called GD & TOP
One of the song they sing is High High


T.O.P
Real Name: Choi Seung Hyun
At first YG gave him the stage name, Mark, because it's the name of his favorite guitarist -.- But thanks to SE7EN, he got TOP as a stage name. I thank you SE7EN for having come up with that stage name.
Solo performance: Turn it up



Taeyang
Real Name: Dong Yong Bae
I can't tell you much about him except that taeyang means sun in Korean
Solo performance: Wedding Dress






Daesung
it's the only member who doesn't use a stage name. Except in Japan because they can pronunce his name correctly. He's called D-LITE
Solo Performance: Cotton Candy

Seungri
Real Name: Lee Seung Hyun
and yup, that's right, he has the same name as TOP ^ . ^
in Korean Seungri means victory
he's also the maknae (youngest member)
solo performance: V.V.I.P.





I think I've pretty much said what needed to be said
Hope you'll listen to their music and appreciate it

2 comments:

  1. Hey these guys look interesting. Maybe I should check our their music?

    Lmao. I watched every single one of these vids earlier today! And that is my all-time favorite version of Lies, by the way. I love how different all their styles are. That's a big part of what drew me to them in the first place: the sheer amount of good quality songs they've produced, and the fact that they seem to be able to do just about everything! As much as I've grown to love songs like Haru Haru and Fantastic Baby, La La La is still one of my favorites. Although they look like babies in it!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^
      that's what I like about them too, they just don't stick to one particular style like *cough*Super Junior*cough* and I gotta admit that yesterday was my first time hearing La La La *goes hiding before being killed* ^^" same with Seungri's V.V.I.P. ^^'', which I don't particularly like.
      That version of Lies is also my favorite one, as well as Tonight's. Every time I watch a live version of Tonight, I can't help thinking about the amount of guitars he crushed on the floor XD

      Delete